The Top 10 Product Engineering Firms in Cleveland, Ohio
When companies need new components for their essential products, require the development of specialized equipment, or are seeking innovative product solutions, they often turn to product engineering firms to meet their needs.
At Valco, we’ve been fortunate enough to partner with many such product engineering and design firms over the years, so we thought we’d craft a list of some of the top firms in the Cleveland area that manufacturers should be aware of.
- The Metcalfe Group – This firm has worked on projects for everything from vending machines to coolers to office chairs to ironing accessories. They’re able to work with your product start to finish, from researching to engineering to testing to prototyping, leading to a finished part that will fit your goals.
- Nottingham Spirk – Operating for over 45 years, this product engineering firm has worked with a variety of vital industries, including companies in sectors like medical device design, consumer product design, retail experience innovation, and product packaging. Check out their site for case studies, details on their process, and industry news.
- Cardboard Helicopter – This firm has designed products for a range of companies, including Smith’s knives, Crayola, Cub Cadet, Troy-Bilt, Disney, and Kitchen IQ. Visit their site to see all of their capabilities as outlined on the services page – it’s in-depth and features terrific concept and finished product images to peruse.
- SmartShape – With over 25 years in the design industry, this firm puts their expertise to the test on a daily basis, crafting essential products for a variety of businesses. Some of their partnerships have included working with such esteemed companies as Hoover, Fisher-Price, Sherwin Williams, Nestlé, Rubbermaid, General Electric, Hasbro, and Remington.
- Balance Inc. – This firm has worked on a host of products for many well-established brands. Some examples include ComfortAdjust pillows, a variety of Ninja kitchen devices, Hoover vacuums, Diebold electronics, and an assortment of products for health, entertainment, hygiene, and safety. They focus on the consumer, financial, medical, and business-to-business sectors.
- Vallmar Engineering – Since 1984, this product design and engineering firm has been making parts and products to meet companies’ essential needs. They are able to perform custom machine design, engineering analysis and evaluation, the reverse engineering of products, key research, and have 2-D and 3-D CAD capabilities. For a list of thorough case studies, visit their site.
- Process4 – Projects undertaken by this firm include a Sondors car, an Argosy wind turbine, firewood holders, power strips, cargo clips, air conditioners, hard shell cargo carriers, and more. Past and current clients include such notable names as Purina, Coca-Cola, Sherwin Williams, Rubbermaid, the United States Postal Office, and Johnson and Johnson.
- Richardson Design – This firm specializes in designing unique looks for businesses, crafting interiors and exteriors that are impossible to forget and which stress the brand identity of the company. Some past clients include the Houston Astros, the Cleveland Browns, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Canada Goose, B Spot, and Bomba Tacos. Check out their site for great pics.
- Design Interface Inc. – This company has the versatility to tackle a lot of design possibilities, from consumer product design to medical design to graphic design to package design. Some of the products they’ve worked on include infrared thermometers, nuclear radiation detectors, calorie trackers, blister cards, beer kit packaging, and more.
- Product Tree – With over a decade in the business, this design firm has produced a variety of products for diverse fields. These products include automated trailer hitches, ShockStrip safety devices for sporting helmets, phone cases, beverage coolers, skateboarding equipment, toolboxes, safety handles, license plate holders, and more. – With over a decade in the business, this design firm has produced a variety of products for diverse fields. These products include automated trailer hitches, ShockStrip safety devices for sporting helmets, phone cases, beverage coolers, skateboarding equipment, toolboxes, safety handles, license plate holders, and more.
Know of any other Cleveland and northeast Ohio area product engineering firms we missed? Contact us and let us know and we’ll add them to our list!
And if you’re in need of essential metal parts for your design projects, reach out to the team at Valco today!